there are many ways to set up the layout you use, but this is basically how i do it.
and this is an overview of the three different kinds of curves we use the most at the moment: stepped, linear and spline.
so anyway, back to Hogan. it was a horrible experience for me and i hated maya and 3d more than ever, but towards the end i went back to thinking that 3d is.. okay.
1) do 7 poses: deflated, embarrased, empathetic, frantic, inhibited, nervous, smug.
2) do a weight shift from 1 pose to another
3) do a take
4) do an action in 25 frames in stepped
5) do a bow
6) do a walk cycle + walk across screen
7) do a personality walk + walk across screen
8) do a run + run across screen